Friday, June 10, 2011

a good friend and an old bike

Okay so the bike is refurbished and the friend is more like great than good, but you get the point. Sunshine sundresses and two gals that couldn't be more awkward in front of a camera if we tried. Sarah and I tried our best but often times found ourselves making faces at the camera and goofing off. The sun started to get a bit too hot and bright towards the end and Sarah and I found ourselves unable to keep our eyes open without squinting but the shoot was (mostly) a success. I've been super busy lately with my new job, which I love. The work I'm doing is so fulfilling that I never find myself dreading going to work. The kids I work with are awesome and it's so wonderful to know I'm making a positive impact on their lives. The only thing I've found to be a bummer is the lack of socialization with people my own age. I rarely ever see co-workers, and when I do it's only for a couple of minutes in passing. The beach, my bike, farmers markets, a great job.....What more could a girl ask for? Portland seems to be accepting me with open arms and I'm really digging it. The travel bug is certainly still present. I find myself looking up flights to London, California, Ireland etc. at least once a week, but it's hibernating (at least for now.)




No comments:

Post a Comment