Monday, May 23, 2011

aint no sunshine

Bill Withers must have had a couple weeks of weather like this back when he wrote this song. The rain and cloudy gloom has been persistent for at least two weeks now. I guess that's what I get for moving home prematurely from Maui. Despite the drizzly bits falling from the sky and the not so hot temps for May I'm doing ok. Sun would be nice but rainy weather always allows me to get in touch with my creative side for a moment and put my outdoorsy self on hold. So writing and arts and crafts have been prevalent lately. The new job is just peachy and the paychecks are nice too. Good things are on the horizon in most departments of my life so I can't complain too much. A new children's book about Maine endangered species is in the works right now, research is fun for stuff like this. Nature walks and Audubon books make this gal happy! I really do love learning and wish it was more accessible after high school, i think someone effed up when they decided everyone should have to pay to learn things. Self learning isn't as great but its way cheaper so for now the library and my brain are my best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment